Monday, May 24, 2010

Flowers that look like glass?

hi! i need the translation of RESIFLOR in order to search more infos on web (not only on italian sites)





here, in italy, i've found a resin that allows me to create objects that look like glass (just putting a ring of thin wire in it). I'm not able to explain! so.. click this link:





http://creativa.altervista.org/resina/fi...


http://creativa.altervista.org/resina/re...





resin's name is RESIFLOR or RESINA FILANTE, so if someone recognizes the product, please tell me how do you call it!


thanks





[oh, i'm sorry for my english!!!]

Flowers that look like glass?
For me, at least, both of your links came up blank. However, I think I might know what you're talking about.





Back in the late 60s/early 70s, there was a product you could use to create flowers and other things. It was a resin, and you would make a loop of fine wire in the shape you wanted, dip it in, and it would "fill in" the shape with a clear plastic film/layer, depending on thickness, the same way soap mixture "fills" a bubble-blower, through surface tension.





"Resiflor" doesn't have a translation, though - it's just a combination of "resin" and "flower", and is probably a brand name or trade name. I hadn't thought about it in a LONG time; I have a distinct recollection of making a flower shaped a bit like an iris, but with a deep turquoise material. Once the parts were made, you wired them together, shaped them as you wished (the pieces were thin enough to be flexible), and bound the wires with florists tape. I had a lot of fun with it :-)





Edit: The only sites I've found for it are Italian ones; I'd presume it's a product of Italy. I found a site that sells it, but not a lot else.
Reply:Your links dont work


No comments:

Post a Comment